Songs, videos, stills & more!: All you want to know about episode 5, “The First Time”

November 6, 2011

I don’t know about you gleeks, but I thought that last week’s episode, “Pot O’ Gold”, was a bit underwhelming. There were a few great songs and some good moments, but it wasn’t quite what I was hoping for after that mini-hiatus. But, from what I’ve heard, we won’t be nearly as disappointed by this week’s episode, “The First Time”. Spoilerphobes, it’s preview post time, so avert your eyes if you don’t want to see the official synopsis, episode stills, full songs and a bunch of sneak peek videos from this week’s episode. First, here’s the synopsis:

As the kids prepare for opening night of the school musical, several of them contemplate taking the next step with their significant others; meanwhile, Coach Beiste takes a big chance in her personal life; and Finn has high hopes when a college football coach scouts the school’s team.

So not only will this episode deal with Rachel & Finn and Blaine & Kurt’s first time, but we’ll also be seeing some romance in Coach Beiste’s life, and some added life drama for Finn. Oh, and lots of drama while the kids rehearse for the opening of West Side Story. And because of that, we’ll be hearing lots of West Side Story music this week: four of the five songs are from the musical, in fact! Take a listen to those four songs over on Glee the Music!

But wait…what about the fifth song? Grab your blazers, gleeks, because the Warblers are back! And with new boy, Sebastian, who will be trying to charm Blaine away from Kurt. You can watch the full performance of Billy Joel’s “Uptown Girl” over on Perez Hilton. Also, drop by TV Guide to watch an exclusive clip featuring Sebastian, Blaine and Kurt…this is most definitely going to get interesting! Check out two more sneak peek clips below:

And, as always, I’ve got episode stills to wrap things up! Click on each image for the full-sized version:

1. November 6, 2011 8:34 pm

Definitely most excited for the West Side Story songs. I’m not a big fan of either relationships (Rachel + Jesse forever, Blaine is boring), and because I don’t like Blaine, I probably won’t like Sebastian either. What I am excited for is how the plot will change because of events that will unfold in this episode. I can’t wait to see the episode after this! 🙂

• November 7, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks for your thoughts, Nicki…you’re definitely right that this episode should greatly impact the ones following! Episode 6 should be extra great!

2. Alex J. Miles permalink
    November 7, 2011 7:13 am

For me, it’s the continuation of the Karofsky story line that attracts my interest. Max Adler is beyond awesome, and I honestly adore his character, just because I am well aware of what he [Karofsky] is going through. I’m 27 and currently employed, and going through the same rough patches as Dave has/did. I wasn’t bullied in high-school just because i was the big fat kid who was a dork and ultimately uncool, and I also wish I had the talent to sing to get into the glee club at my school.

Still, the spoilers suggest that Karofsky is slowly coming to terms with his sexuality, so that is something worth my while and I hope many will learn from it.

As for the other story lines, well, Finchel-wise – about time! Klaine – meh, i can’t help but see it as a juxtaposition to a straight couple’s first time and script-wise, i find it rather forced. Unless the writers came up with the idea to have Kurt and Blaine do it, and then use Rachel and Finn’s relationship as a balance (mind you all, this airs on Fox.)

And please less Sebastian. I eventually might like him, but, hey. Santana’s what I prefer.

• November 7, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks so much for your comments, Alex! It’ll definitely be great to see Karofsky back on the scene and I’m really interested to see him and Kurt interact. I hope those scenes deliver for you, too!

• Alex J. Miles permalink
        November 10, 2011 12:01 pm

So, yeah, I watched this episode and there was so much good stuff in it. I’ve never identified more with a fictional character more than with Karofsky in this episode. I learned so much, and I feel so encouraged to keep doing what I’m doing right now – being honest to myself. One scene fails to escape my mind – when he says he’s a bearcub (as am I). Loved it. Got all misty-eyed when he said it.

I also must compliment the writer and the director (especially the director) of the episode because it was PERFECT!

And thank you, Suzie, for this website, and the opportunity it offers for Gleeks to share their opinions. It’s awesome.

• November 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the episode, Alex! I’m really glad you enjoyed it and related to it so well, and I’m so glad you’re sharing your opinions with me on this blog! Please keep on coming back and adding to the discussion! 🙂