Poll: Will New Directions win at Regionals?

June 7, 2010

With less than a day and a half left until New Directions takes the stage at Regionals, there’s one question that keeps coming back to the front of my mind: Does the McKinley High glee club have what it takes to beat Vocal Adrenaline? They definitely gave the reigning champs a scare with their funk number last week, but is that enough?

To be honest, I don’t think it is. From what I’ve seen of both groups, Vocal Adrenaline is still more talented than New Directions and if McKinley wants to take home the trophy, they’re going to have to work a hell of a lot harder in preparation. Maybe next year they can triumph at Regionals, but this year? I’m not so sure about it. But, maybe that’s just me. I’m curious what the rest of you gleeks are expecting as the outcome to the competition, so I’ve set up a poll for you to share your thoughts. And please, if you’ve got a great explanation behind your prediction, please share it with the rest of us in the comments! (Although no spoilers, please! If you have insider information or have seen the episode already, please keep it to yourself! This is just supposed to be our fun predictions.)

1. June 7, 2010 2:04 pm

Well, when you think about it, it is glee, about Mckingley High, not about Vocal Adrenaline. I think New Directions has so much more enthusiasm and feeling in their songs. You can see the whole connection :3 I hope the judges notice that xx

2. Jason permalink
    June 7, 2010 5:24 pm

I think they will come second. Since there is going to be at least another two seasons, New Directions winning would just be too soon.

3. LeilaneMc permalink
    June 7, 2010 6:22 pm

Look – This is a singing competition right ?
    Since Vocal Adrenaline members are all dancers and NOT singers they shouldn’t be there in the first place.
    The only member that can actually sing is ‘Jesse’ which is also wrong because this is a Show Choir contest and not for solo performers.
    Not even Queen couldperform “Bohemian Rhapsody” Live the way it was recorded so if they did that I’m sure it involved a lot of pre recorded stuff , samplers, computers etc which also should be against the rules.
    Vocal Adrenaline is not better then ND – they are great DANCERS and they CAN’T sing.
    All the members of New Directions had a solo on the song they performed which comes to prove that they all can sing.
    If Vocal Adrenaline wins it will be VERY unfair and I’ll be extremely upset.

4. June 7, 2010 8:41 pm

I’m sure there’ll be something in the Sue interfering storyline that helps push New Directions over the line. I don’t see that they can win straight out, but it’s not like they’ll lose… they’ve got 2 more seasons!

• Taylor Folsom permalink
      June 8, 2010 12:29 pm

It really all comes down to whats going to work best for working in season two and three now (YAYYYY) so even though i voted YES they will win, i’m thinking that maybe they won’t, but then again i could be wrong they could win and season two be their journey to nationals, compitions like this can sometimes go on and on, and especially since we are talking about a tv show i think we could work in winning, and also losing, eithor way though, Glee is here to stay!!!

5. June 8, 2010 8:41 pm

Maybe Quinn will go into labor and instead of competing, they drop out and go be by her side? It’s too early in the shows history for them to be a huge success, no?

Trackbacks

1. “Glee club will never end, Mr. Schue, because you are glee club.”: Journey (1×22) Gleecap « Gleeks United
  2. Poll: Will New Directions win at Nationals? « Gleeks United