Want to be on GLEE?: All the details on the open call audition!

March 30, 2010

Your patience is finally being rewarded, gleeks! FOX has finally announced the details of the open call audition for the three new cast member roles for the second season of Glee. FOX is teaming up with MySpace for the audition call through a special Glee Audition MySpace page, and it starts TODAY! Here are all the details you need to know:

GLEE’s executive producers are holding a nationwide online casting search for fresh, young, talented performers to fill new roles that will be featured during the show’s second season. Beginning March 30, amateur and professional performers between the ages of 16 and 26 will have the opportunity to submit an audition video exclusively on MySpace at myspace.com/gleeauditions.

Hopefuls will be able to upload their videos beginning today through April 26. Videos must feature an explanation about why the auditioner wants to be on GLEE as well as a demonstration of his/her stellar singing ability by performing one of 10 GLEE hits, including “True Colors,” “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” and “Lean on Me.” Performances must be either acapella or with single instrument accompaniment via MySpace Karaoke or by uploading their own pre-recorded videos. Audition videos must be limited to five minutes in length – a one-minute introduction and a four-minute song – and are limited to one submission per person. Fans will be able to share the videos across various networks, post comments and rate their favorites with gold stars. Visit myspace.com/gleeauditions for more information, song list and additional rules.

Here’s the list of 10 songs you can use for your audition:

• “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” – Dreamgirls
  • “Gold Digger” – Kanye West
  • “Rehab” – Amy Winehouse
  • “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” – The Rolling Stones
  • “Can’t Fight This Feeling” – Reo Speedwagon
  • “Don’t Rain on my Parade” – Barbra Streisand
  • “Hate on Me” – Jill Scott
  • “Keep Holding On” – Avril Lavigne
  • “Lean on Me” – Bill Withers
  • “True Colors” – Phil Collins

So there you have it, gleeks! Now tell me…will YOU be auditioning? Be sure to let me know if you do! Good luck to everyone who tries out!

Update: I’ve also written a post with some commentary on the open call audition process. Check it out here.

1. donna permalink
    March 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Where did you get the song list from?

2. March 30, 2010 6:10 pm

hey im 15 and im a very good actor and i would really love to be on your show it would be really awesome if you guys would give me a chance

3. March 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Yes I will, and I am so excited!

4. Ashley permalink
    March 30, 2010 7:39 pm

I tried to upload to sing the and it wouldn’t work. I would love to do the audition but i can’t get through

5. Suzie Gardner permalink*
    March 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Donna: The song list is now available on the MySpace page!

Ashley: Hrm, perhaps there are some server problems? Definitely try again!

6. jordan permalink
    April 6, 2010 12:57 am

i did this! here’s a link to my audition. if you think it’s good (or not but still want to help me out lol) then vote for it please! thanks

7. Nicki permalink
    April 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Check it out!!! Hope you like it : )

8. April 20, 2010 1:39 am

i’m no actor or singer, but i’ve been browsing the submissions and this one is by FAR my favorite.
    not only is the girl is a ridiculous singer, but she seriously looks EXACTLY like lea michele. seriously guys, have a look-alike on the show could make season 2 HILARIOUS. plus she has a fantastic voice and stage presence. VOTE FOR HER.

9. Emi permalink
    April 21, 2010 1:31 pm

You should all watch, rate, or vote for me if you like my video! Just trying to get it out there!

10. April 22, 2010 11:03 pm

please vote for this girl to be on glee. she has valid points!

11. Sam permalink
    April 23, 2010 5:15 pm

vote for this girl!

12. Jagad permalink
    November 16, 2010 6:16 am

How I wish I could be part of Glee.

13. March 29, 2011 12:13 am

id love to be on glee i watch it all the time

14. megan jones permalink
    April 27, 2011 3:16 pm

hey im 15 ,16 this year how old do you have to be to audition for glee but i really love it .

15. Jerry permalink
    October 14, 2011 12:08 am

I live and breathe this episode!

16. Cody McCullough permalink
    December 31, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi my name is Cody I’m 15 years old and I would he honored to be an actor on glee I’m not a good Singer at all but I got the dance moves like mike I can beat box vary good and I will be taking grade 1010 drums next semester but plz it would be an honor to be a gleek and get slushied in The face on glee thank you for taking the time to read this

17. Mychaela Pitta permalink
    March 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Im only 11 but i can sign, Dance and act i wish there was a way for you guys to let me on glee 🙂

18. madeline greenler permalink
    May 16, 2012 12:32 pm

I’m gonna be 16 in november and i can dance really good but i lost my singing voice in a car crash i have 1 eye but my friends say im beutiful i’m inlove with glee and always will be all i want is a chance to prove im not different!! PLEASE GIVE ME THE CHANCE!!!!!!!??? U can mail me at 9628 N Woodrow

19. Shinnomon Bartley permalink
    July 9, 2012 12:00 am

I missed the deadline, but please consider I can sing and dance and I really want to be on glee. I will send in a video if you would like just please consider me for season 2. please, please.

20. July 9, 2012 8:07 pm

My name is Shinnomon and I love music. I love God and I love singing and dancing. I really want to audition for glee. Please consider me. Please.

21. Shinnomon Bartley permalink
    July 10, 2012 2:06 pm

I meant the next season not season 2 sorry

22. kamilya permalink
    September 1, 2012 2:44 pm

hi i’m kamilya i’m from morocco,i can speak english fransh and arabic, so plz give me chance,,this is my number 0671067962

23. kadesia permalink
    September 15, 2012 8:07 pm

my name is kadesia im 17 and i love to sing, dance, and im really good at acting if you give me a chance i promise i will not let you down if you want to know more just reply back please thanks 🙂

24. April permalink
    December 1, 2012 10:07 pm

Glee cast I am huge fan and I want be in glee club and I want sing to Kurt and Blaine I might sing my Herat will go on to Kurt and Blaine to get back together forever and I want Kurt and Blaine to get marry forever

Trackbacks

1. Glee open call auditions: Commentary « Gleeks United
  2. Meet the contenders on Oxygen’s upcoming reality show The Glee Project « Gleeks United