OH EM GLEE, I’m writing a book!

January 14, 2010

So one of the biggest Glee news stories of the day is actually kind of about me. I’ve had some very exciting news to share with all you wonderful blog readers for quite some time now, but I was waiting until it was official. But now that is…

I am extremely excited to announce that I am going to be co-writing a companion guide book to Glee along with fellow gleek Erin Balser for the fabulous Toronto-based ECW Press! Don’t Stop Believin’: The Unofficial Guide to Glee will be in stores in Fall 2010!

Yes, all my rantings and ravings about Glee are actually going to be contained within the covers of a physical book! I am really beyond excited for this fantastic opportunity. ECW Press has published companion guides to tons of popular TV shows over the years (Buffy, Lost, and Gossip Girl to name a few), so I’m thrilled to be a part of this great family.

This book truly will be a must-have for all gleeks, featuring cast and character bios, behind-the-scenes trivia, interviews, and, of course, in-depth guides to each episode of the first season. I’ll be updating you all on the book’s progress and giving you teasers of the sweet interviews I manage to score (one of which will be coming next week, so stay tuned for that!) right here on Gleeks United, so don’t go anywhere! Unless you want to check out our sister site, my co-writer Erin’s GleeDork, because I definitely approve of you going over there!

Have any fantastic ideas of what you want to see in a Glee companion guide? Feel free to send me your thoughts via the comments or by e-mail! Thanks to all of you wonderful readers who have helped make this possible!

1. January 14, 2010 5:22 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is huge!!!!!!!!

2. Suzie Gardner permalink*
    January 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks so much, Alea! 😀

Ooh, and if you’re interested in reviewing a copy for your blog later down the line, let me know and we’ll see what we can do. 🙂

3. January 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Most definitely Suzie! So majorly exciting! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

4. Lyndsey permalink
    January 14, 2010 11:53 pm

I expect a signed copy for my collection… so someday when you win a Pulitzer I can say I knew ya when :oP

5. Lyndsey permalink
    January 14, 2010 11:55 pm

P.S. That was totally not the smily I was going for… epic fail on my part

6. January 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Awesome idea. OOC, I work at a bookstore so I’ll totally be keeping my eyes peeled. I know I’ve seen the Gossip Girl one. (This is the Quinn from the TwitterRP)