Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele both seek solo albums

October 28, 2009

Sources across the web this week cite that both Matthew Morrison (Will Schuester) and Lea Michele (Rachel Berry) are on the hunt for solo record deals. Morrison revealed this news in conversation with Access Hollywood this week, saying that he’s almost finalized a deal and will then work on recording an album. When asked about what his fans should expect in an album from him, Morrison replied:

Matthew Morrison singing“It’s going to be different. I would consider it a classier Justin Timberlake album,” he revealed. “It’s going to be me and a big orchestra, but also with beats.”

“Kind of like Timberlake meets [Michael] Buble?” Access Hollywood asked.

“Exactly,” Morrison said.

Meanwhile, the actress behind New Directions’ biggest star, Lea Michele, has also been in talks with label executives at Columbia Records about her own solo debut. In an interview with Billboard, Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy spoke about Michele’s possible album:

Lea Michele singing“Lea has tried different songs and already thought, ‘Maybe I like doing rock,'” Murphy says. “Her album is not going to be Broadway stuff. She’ll sit with producers and come up with her own concept.”

So what do you think, Gleeks? Would you buy the albums of either of these actors/singers, or is it just their characters that you love? What other cast members would you want to see a solo album from? I think that Amber Riley (Mercedes) is an obvious choice, too. But how about Mark Salling (Puck) or Kevin McHale (Artie)? Hee!

1. October 28, 2009 4:33 pm

mmm “Timberlake meets [Michael] Buble”…

2. Kerry permalink
    October 28, 2009 5:41 pm

I would definitely buy anything of Lea Michele’s.. I would have to hear a little bit of Matthew Morrison’s songs before I decide to buy it. Amber Riley deserves a solo album. Mark Salling for sure!!

3. aestar101 permalink
    October 28, 2009 6:07 pm

I would buy both. Matthew Morrison’s concept I kinda saw comming, but I would like to see how Lea Michelle sings rock.

4. Barry permalink
    May 3, 2010 6:01 am

OMG. Most definitely, YES

5. Jen permalink
    June 9, 2010 7:01 pm

In a heartbeat. Those two, plus I’d kill for a Naya Rivera album. She’s a secondary voice, but man does she have some pipes. Bring it… and preferably soon?!?

6. Art permalink
    September 19, 2010 5:11 am

Anything by Lea Michelle will be great.She is the next Barbra only with looks to go with those fantastic pipes.

7. LeaGlee permalink
    December 1, 2010 9:42 pm

I WOULD BUY A MILLION COPIES OF LEA MICHELE’S CD!!!! Her voice is my favorite out of all the voices out there. She has the voice of an angel, a voice I never get sick of. Any of the cast members would do an amazing job with a solo album and I would buy every single one.

8. Agustin permalink
    December 26, 2010 4:39 pm

I wait for the Lea Michele album! It will be, for sure, amazing.
    Go Lea!

9. December 27, 2010 4:55 pm

i would definetly buy an album if lea michele is singing i love her and everything she does in glee, b4 i did not like the songs that were done by the original artists but then i heard glees versions and now i cant here enough of them. X0X0 GLEE RULES.

10. June 14, 2011 11:16 pm

Would definitely buy an allbum of Lea’s. And I love what she does with the rock songs they cover on Glee, so that sounds fantastic. Can’t wait for the day this happens!

11. India permalink
    August 6, 2012 1:12 am

Lea Michelle’s definitely, I bought Matthew Morrison’s album, and I would have to hear Amber Riley’s to see if it is predictable or not. Mark Sailing definitely. And I would absolutely kill to have Kevin McHale’s solo CD!!!

Trackbacks