It’s “Gleek Week” on FOX!
We’re down to single digits, Glee fans! The spring premiere is almost here, and it seems that the gang over at FOX is getting just as excited as we are. Today, FOX is kicking off “Gleek Week,” a week filled with tons of online exclusives, special TV ads, and much, much more. Check out all of the “Gleek Week” events below, and stay tuned to Gleeks United for many more gleeky happenings in these last few days before April 13!
- A new innovative social trailer that allows fans to connect with their favorite Glee characters on Facebook while watching the promo for the series will be available at www.fox.com/glee beginning Monday, April 5.
- Fan-favorite characters from Glee will introduce each night telling viewers what’s on FOX that evening; and viewers should watch FOX programming closely thoughout the week to catch all of the special Glee-themed FOX Frames that feature Sue Sylvester and other characters. Additionally, original cast interviews and content pieces will available online at fox.com.
- Gleeks are encouraged to show their glee all week long on their social networking pages by changing their avatars to pictures of themselves posing with Glee’s signature loser “L.” For gleeks who need help with their Facebook page updates, status quotes from McKinley High’s crew – including Sue Sylvester and Kurt Hummel – will available on the Glee Facebook fan page –www.facebook.com/glee – along with new photos starting Monday, April 5. Additionally, Glee themed Facebook “gifts” will be available for free so keep an eye out for trophies and try to avoid slushies from your fellow gleeks.
- Gleeks can go to fox.com beginning Wednesday, April 7 to recreate the fun of a real photo booth by “posing” with their favorite characters from the show and uploading the photos to Facebook to share with friends and family.
- On Wednesday, April 7, the cast of Glee will be on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” for a fun-filled hour of behind-the-scenes secrets, revealing interviews, unseen backstage moments and a show-stopping performance.
- Los Angeles residents will get a special treat on Saturday, April 10 when Glee takes over The Grove with a free outdoor screening of the spring premiere episode and the debut of the Glee fountain show. Glee fans can also find additional screenings in select markets.
- And coming soon – the Glee app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad! You can still be part of the club, even if you aren’t on the show! Sing along to your favorite Glee songs (from the actual soundtrack), record your voice and share it with your friends. Sign up now for more information at www.fox.com/glee.
- MySpace users who log into their personal homepages on Tuesday, April 13 will see a first-ever animated takeover where Rachel becomes their profile picture and Sue pops out to shout a tune-in message about the show’s premiere that night, all while blowing parts of the page away.
Although some features of Gleek Week seem to be starting today, I haven’t seen anything go up yet. Be sure to let us all know in the comments if you see something cool! I’m most excited for the innovative trailer they’re airing today, the Facebook gifts (watch out friends, you’re all getting slushied!), and the iPhone app! What are you gleefully antsy for? Happy Gleek Week, all!