Oprah, Glee clothing line, Madonna soundtrack and more
Gleeksters! My apologies for my recent absence. Writing about Glee for the book took priority over writing about Glee for the blog for a few days, but I promise that I’m back in action now. A few things have happened Glee-wise in the past week, so let’s recap it all, shall we?
- Are you a die-hard Glee fan? Well, Oprah wants to know! A page on Oprah’s website showed up last week asking for gleeks to fill out a form and tell their story on why they’re the biggest gleek out there. We’re not 100% sure what Oprah’s got up her sleeve yet, but it sounds like she’s going to be airing some kind of Glee special and getting fans involved, too. Awesome!
- I know you all love the fashion on Glee, be it Emma’s cardigans, Rachel’s knee socks, or Kurt’s form-fitting sweaters that stop at the knee. Well, soon you can be rockin’ those looks, too. FOX Licensing along with Glee‘s creator Ryan Murphy are currently developing a line of Glee-inspired clothes and accessories, set to debut in Fall 2010.
- April 13th is already an exciting day for Glee fans, but now it’s going to be even better. On the very same date as the first new episode of Glee, a new EP soundtrack called Glee: The Music – The Power of Madonna will be available in stores and online, featuring 7 songs from the upcoming all-Madonna music episode airing on April 20. The track listing for the album is: “Express Yourself,” “Borderline/Open Your Heart,” “Vogue,” “Like a Virgin,” “4 Minutes,” “What It Feels Like For a Girl,” “Like a Prayer.”
- And in more news from the Madonna-themed episode, rumour has it that Santana (who will be receiving more screen time in the back nine episodes) will take the virginity of a beloved male character in this episode…
- And one important bit of news to leave you with! Due to some scheduling changes at FOX, when Glee returns on April 13 it will be airing from 9:30 to 10:30 p.m. EST, not 9:00 to 10:00. This change will, however, just be for the one week, and for the remaining 8 episodes of the season Glee will be aired at 9 p.m.